Food Technologists at Crest Foods play a key role in the creation of new and/or improved products including, but not limited to, dry beverages, dry seasonings, side dishes, soups, marinates, and bakery products. This includes new formula development, writing processing procedures, and creating raw material and finished good specifications. This also includes the creation of lab prototypes, leading plant trials, and first production oversight. These roles are responsible for ensuring products are developed to be successfully commercialized. They work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure timelines are executed, formulas meet capabilities and achieve consistent quality targets, while meeting customer and consumer needs.
- Formulate commercially feasible products and duplicate competitive products, being mindful of cost optimization and raw material availability
- Validate formulations in application, using both formal and informal sensory panels, and refining until desired characteristics are achieved
- Understand ingredient and food labeling requirements/restrictions under FDA and USDA guidelines
- Generate raw material and finished good specifications including nutrition facts panels and ingredient listings for product packaging artwork
- Collaborate with manufacturing and quality groups to ensure quality targets when scaling up for production
- Identify emerging trends, new application ideas, product technologies, and areas of opportunity for new innovation
- Strong time management, planning, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong data analysis with the ability to interpret and act on findings
- Experience with nutritional labeling software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Self-starter who is creative, organized, and able to multi-task effectively
Food Technologist Education Requirement :
- College degree focusing on Food Science, Nutrition, Biology, Culinology or Biochemistry.
Why Crest Foods?
- Competitive Salary (Commensurate with experience and education)
- Annual Bonus & Raise
- Outstanding Benefits package including: Health insurance, group rates on dental, disability & life insurance, Profit sharing and 401(k), Fitness center and Wellness Program
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Family Owned & Operated Company/Ownership On-site
- On-site Nurse & EAP Counselor
- Great Company Culture!
Apply to work at Crest Foods in Ashton, Illinois
Please complete all fields below and upload your PDF resume.